The Pink Ribbon Race wants to inspire to physical activity and to spread knowledge about how the risk for cancer can be decreased by a healthy way of living. The race is the official start of the yearly Pink Ribbon campaign by Swedish organisation Cancerfonden. In 2017, a total amount of SEK 532,000 kronor was collected to The Swedish Cancer Society and Swedish cancer research through the TCS Lidingöloppet Weekend.
When entering Pink Place, you contribute not only to your own health, but also to financing cancer research as the entire entry fee goes to The Swedish Cancer Society.
As a father, husband, son or friend, you can also show your support by running the race. In the mixed group, half the entry fee goes to The Swedish Cancer Society. Your committment and contribution matters.
Run the Pink Ribbon Race with us!
The Pink Ribbon Race is a part of A Swedish Classic – Women and A Swedish Classic – Short.
Make sure to plan what you eat and drink before the race carefully. Drinks will be available at the following places along the course:
- 6.5 km from the finish line
- 3 km from the finish line
- Just after the finish line
The course coincides with the last 10 km of TCS Lidingöloppet 30. You will experience beautiful scenery, hilly terrain and soft tracks.
A Swedish Classic
Take on a challenge beyond the ordinary! Within 12 months, you are to complete four different races in four different disciplines. You run, you ski, you cycle and you swim.
You can choose from three different classics: The Swedish Classic, the Half Classic and the Women's Classic. Since the start in 1971, over 100,000 athletes and enthusiasts have conducted one of the Classics.
A Swedish Classic
A Swedish Classic include the following events:
• Vasaloppet 90 km, Öppet Spår 90 km or Engelbrektsloppet 60 km, in crosscountry skiing.
• Vätternrundan 300 km, cycling
• Vansbrosimningen 3 km, swimming (open water)
• TCS Lidingöloppet 30 km, running
Read more about A Swedish Classic
The Half-Classic events are:
• HalvVasan, 45 km, or Engelbrektshalvan, 30 km, cross-country skiing
• HalvVättern, 150 km, cycling
• Vansbro Halvsim, 1,5 km, swimming (open water)
• TCS Lidingöloppet, 15 km, running
Read more about The Half-Classic
The Women’s Classic
The women’s classic events are:
• TjejVasan/KortVasan, 30 km, or Kristinaloppet, 30 km, cross-country skiing
• Tjejvättern, 100 km, bicycle
• Vansbro Tjejsim or Vansbro Kortsim, 1 km, swimming (open water)
• The Pink Ribbon race, 10 km, running
Read more about The Women’s classic