Lidingöloppet is an Eco-labelled Event, awarded by the Keep Sweden Tidy Foundation.
Some examples of what we do:
• Free public transport to the event by bus from the closest metro station
• Cooperation with train company SJ, offering travels by train to the event at reasonable prices
• Cooperation with bus companies offering travels to the event from cities all over the country
• Waste separation possibilites at the arenas
• Reduced use of disposables
• Increase our demand for environmental friendly alternatives from partners
• Optimization of our transports to reduce environmental impact
• Reduce the amount of paper mailings and increase digital information
• Reuse of material for our other events
• Clothes left behind after the race, and the surplus of functionary clothing are donated to charity organisations
• Uses Eco-labelled paper
As a participant or visitor, please help us with this:
• Come by public transport, share the car with family and friends and if you stay neraby - come by bike!
• Throw trash in the garbage-cans and sort it correctly for recycling
• It is forbidden to throw any waste in the nature along the track or at the arenas. At the energy stations, there are garbage-cans - please use them!
• Use the toilets that are available along the tracks and at the arenas
• Don't use more water than needed in the shower
Please take care of our common nature and arena! Thanks a lot for contributing.