The beautiful and hilly track is a true test for the elite as well as for amateurs. Make sure to be well prepared, both physically and mentally, before attacking the soft tracks of Lidingö. The reward is the wonderful feeling you get when you sprint to the finish and can enjoy a great achievement.
Welcome to the World's Biggest Crosscountry Race!
Part of A Swedish Classic
TCS Lidingöloppet 30 is, along with Vätternrundan, Vasaloppet/Engelbrektsloppet and Vansbrosimningen, part of A Swedish Classic.
Races for Veterans and Juniors
On Saturday, races are also organised in junior and veteran categories. The categories are divided into age and distance.
Make sure to plan what you eat and drink before the race carefully. During the race, food and drinks will be available at the following places:
- The start at Koltorp: sports drinks and water
- Ekholmsnäs, 24.5 km from the finish line: sports drinks and water
- Hustegaholm, 20.5 km from the finish line: sports drinks and water
- Fågelöudde, 15 km from the finish line: sports drinks, water, buns, bananas and pickled cucumbers
- Grönsta, 9.9 km from the finish line: sports drinks, water, buns, bananas and pickled cucumbers
- Uddvägen, 6.3 km from the finish line: sports drinks, water, blueberry soup, coffee, bananas, buns, Coke and pickled cucumbers
- Tyktorp, 3 km from the finish line: sports drinks and water
- The finish line at Grönsta gärde: sports drinks, water, buns, bananas, blueberry soup, pickled cucumbers and coffee
The TCS Lidingöloppet 30 has to be completed within a certain amount of time. This means that you have to pass certain checkpoints within a given time. If you do not make it in time, you have to get off the course and abandon the race. The checkpoints are as follows:
- Fågelöudde (15.5 km) must be passed before 16:15
- The Grönsta checkpoint (20 km) must be passed before 17:00
- Sticklinge (23.8 km = drink station Uddvägen) must be passed before 17:40
TCS Lidingöloppet 30 is known to be as challenging as varied. Here, flat meadows and dirt roads alternate with sloping paths and steep ascents. Please study the course beforehand to avoid surprises and plan your race.
A Swedish Classic
Take on a challenge beyond the ordinary! Within 12 months, you are to complete four different races in four different disciplines. You run, you ski, you cycle and you swim.
You can choose from three different classics: The Swedish Classic, the Half Classic and the Women's Classic. Since the start in 1971, over 100,000 athletes and enthusiasts have conducted one of the Classics.
A Swedish Classic
A Swedish Classic include the following events:
• Vasaloppet 90 km, Öppet Spår 90 km or Engelbrektsloppet 60 km, in crosscountry skiing.
• Vätternrundan 300 km, cycling
• Vansbrosimningen 3 km, swimming (open water)
• TCS Lidingöloppet 30 km, running
Read more about A Swedish Classic
The Half-Classic events are:
• HalvVasan, 45 km, or Engelbrektshalvan, 30 km, cross-country skiing
• HalvVättern, 150 km, cycling
• Vansbro Halvsim, 1,5 km, swimming (open water)
• TCS Lidingöloppet, 15 km, running
Read more about The Half-Classic
The Women’s Classic
The women’s classic events are:
• TjejVasan/KortVasan, 30 km, or Kristinaloppet, 30 km, cross-country skiing
• Tjejvättern, 100 km, bicycle
• Vansbro Tjejsim or Vansbro Kortsim, 1 km, swimming (open water)
• The Pink Ribbon race, 10 km, running
Read more about The Women’s classic